Born out of deep concern for children/persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD), Sankalp an Institution involved in remedial instruction to children with disabilities like Dyslexia (Learning Disability) and Autism Spectrum Disorder was set up in 1999 at Chennai under the auspices of the “Sankalp Trust”. The Sankalp Trust is a non-profit organization with 3 Founder Trustees and Four Additional Trustees who are all professionals. Sankalp is a Non-Profitable Charitable Trust and enjoys the benefit of 80G under the income tax rules. The Trust is registered under the National Trust and Commissioner for Disability under Government of Tamil Nadu.
"This school is one my main backbone which motivated me to do what I want do and not what others told me to do" - Alumnus
I like both extracurricular activities and academics in Sankalp - Student
Sankalp is the only special school to my knowledge that is providing employment-ready opportunities for a child by including the mothers also in its initiative. This is a great advantage for us parents. - Parent
* To help create a confident child.
* Provide intervention in education and skill training at all levels from Early Childhood to Adulthood through simulated graded work/learning situations.
* Improve learning and working ability thus helping the child succeed in their pursuits.
* Upgrade knowledge and apply it in the teaching methodologies.
* Build lasting relationships with the students, parents and associates.
"We aim to create a learning environment for persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Specific Learning Disability to be participatory members of society ."
* To be sensitive to the concerns of parents and work together to earn their trust.
* To trust the inner working of every mind, young and old.
* To honor each learner with respect and dignity, as each one has a different style and pace of learning..